This hands-on skills training prepares you to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies. It also teaches the skills and knowledge needed to provide care for victims of sudden cardiac arrest through the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using chest compressions, mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
You will be certified through the American Heart Association by way of an e-card at the end of the course.
Course held at
3739 National Drive, Suite 204
Raleigh, NC 27612
If interested, please contact Lakisha Dolby at 919.371.2062.